Wednesday, May 26, 2010

scams, scams, scams

There are many days that I really think Bloodlines is a bunch of bull shit...

I want to believe and be a good vamp who sits with her mouth shut. I want to, when asked to jump, say "How high?". But I can't...


I love the experience of being in a clan and having a family to turn to. If Bloodlines is worth anything, thats what it is. That is what keeps me mixed up in this mad mad world.

But Second Life is infected with con artists. (not just vamps...I've heard one in four people are not actually what sex their avi is...) They glorify themselves and their clans by bedazzling themselves with all sorts of titles and fancy illustrations of grandeur. Oh, and then comes the "oh so sneaky" use of alts to up their or their clans soul count.

I confess, I was slain by this beast. At one point (about a year ago) as a noob and a noobie vamp I was convinced to create alts for the clan, which are now forever lost in the SL universe and barely a blip on Mars Bracken's radar screen...I was new and naive. Believe that if I came across a clan member of mine using this dirty tactic, I would do something about it. (not quite sure what...yet.)

But the thing that really kills me, is the lack of education. The few people I have had liege to me have been highly educated and what to do and what NOT to do by myself. I go out of my way to make sure I am not responsible for leeching and annoying vampires. But some liege's dont give a shit what their minions do. They don't even tell them to read the T.O.S. or rules given to each vampire/lycan/hybrid with purchase of the system! THOSE people are the ones responsible for the bad name Bloodlines gets. The lazy liege's who don't take the time to properly inform their minions about the game.

Here is an example: Recently I was with a few friends at Bloodlines East. There I ran into an annoying male avi with an obnoxiously huge mohawk who proceeded to try to bite every person around them, including myself. 1st, how stupid can you be to go hunting at Bloodlines East?! Those people already are, or are planning to be vamps. 2nd why in the hell would you think it is ok to go around asking every person around you for a bite? (sign one that they have not read the TOS) It's called leeching and its is highly frowned upon. After this went down, I promptly scanned the brain dead wannabe and sent a lengthy note card to his liege, explaining the situation and what action he needed to take. He responded well, and I hope he gave his mohawked little nut hoarder a scolding.

I could go on forever people...next time: smooth talking hot Avi's who want your soul...and their big bag of flaming shit tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment